Friday, July 9, 2010

This Just In!



A Helping Hand
I know you have probably all been wondering to yourselves… there’s actually only one person planning our Orientation Week? Will Kaitlyn really be able to pull it off all on her own? Well apparently all of us here at UBC Law have also wondered the same! As with many things in life, Marvin Gaye really did have it right… it takes two (to put on an even better Orientation Week that is)! Starting later this month, I will have an assistant helping me plan and organize Orientation Week, Laura Smith.

I had the wonderful opportunity of meeting Laura on my first day of law school as she was one of the members of my small group. After getting to know her over the past year I am positive that with her help, Orientation Week will be even better than before. Laura is an absolutely fantastic individual and I am sure that you will enjoy getting to know her over the next few months!

Get Ready to Break the Ice
July is upon us, the sun is hot, and my office is sweltering (not that I’m complaining) but relief from the heat is in sight with the icy cool events that are coming up! All puns aside, I am writing to announce that this year’s Icebreaker Events are finally in sight. This year we will be hosting events in Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal and Vancouver. If you are on facebook be sure to join the UBC Law Orientation 2010 group and RSVP to one of the events. If not, more information will be sent to all of you via email and posted on the UBC Law Orientation Website. I know that many of you are in the same boat as I was last year and are living no where near these locations. If you are still interested in meeting up with current UBC Law students, send an email my way and I will do my best to put you in touch with other students in your area.

Tourist Time
If you want to learn more about the amazing city you will be living in for the next three years check out My Vancouver Guide which is finally up on the UBC Law Orientation Website.

Well Class of 2013, that is all the exciting news for now! Hope you all have a great weekend and don’t forget your sunscreen!

Your Orientation Coordinator,

Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment